Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Black Cat Lounge (or is it Loungee?)

The neon sign on the window says Lounge. Other places I've seen say Black Cat Loungee (51 FSS page for one).

Situated in a place you wouldn't normally expect it to be lies this little place. If you see the signs you shouldn't have any problem.

Not sure what I was expecting but I have to say that what I got wasn't it. The Black Cat Lounge is in a small building that could be mistaken to serve lots of other purposes besides being a restaurant. I went inside to be very surprised that there was only about 5 tables. All but 2 were taken. I was mistaken, there's more dining area in the back.

I went having already check the menu online. I decided that I wasn't going to go for the American stuff. So I limited myself to the other choices. I ended up getting the spice Bulgogi and a bottle of water to wash it down. Cost me 7 bucks.

The person who took our order looked more than confused at all the orders she was trying to juggle. Although I was one of the last to order I was one of the first to get my food. I guess blugogi doesn't require anything more than some tongs to slap some meat on a plate and a spoon to put the rice next to it.

Okay, the food. I liked my spicy bulgogi. I don't have a strong reference point for it like I do pizza and burgers, but if I had to guess I would assume that bulgogi gets much better than this. But my expectations were low and hence they were met.



Anyone else have any experiences eating at this place they'd like to share?

Leave your comments below!

1 comment:

  1. I used to eat here all the time when in 97' when the Black Cat was less than a tent. I still sweat thinking about their spicy chicken and rice. I would give anything for that recipe.

    ReplyDelete